Did you know that anxiety...
- Has been increasing and is affecting children at younger ages than before
- Is the most common mental health problem among children and youth today (more prevalent than ADHD, behaviour disorders, or substance use disorders),
- Causes a great deal of distress and suffering
- Can interfere with a child’s healthy development and functioning (academic, social) and persist into adulthood
Become Certified in FRIENDS Anxiety Prevention and Intervention Program
Attending this one-day training will certify you to implement FRIENDS with groups of children in education, health or social service settings.
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Cost: $285.00 includes handouts, Children’s Group Leader Manual and Activity Book, HST, coffee, and snacks provided.
Thursday, October 15, 2015
Location: to be announced
St. John’s, NFLD
FRIENDS is a world-leading program proven to be effective in helping children and youth cope with feelings of fear, worry, and depression and build emotional resilience and self-esteem.
- Recognize signs of anxiety
- Positively manage emotions
- Demonstrate empathy for others
- Use relaxation to calm down
- Use positive, helpful self-talk
- Change unhelpful to helpful thoughts
- Solve problems
- Face feared or difficult situations
- Look for the positives in situations
- Evaluate performance realistically
- Be a friend to ourselves and others
- Build our support teams
FRIENDS promotes self-confidence in dealing with difficult or anxiety provoking situations and teaches essential resiliency building coping skills.