Click here for mail order form
Did you know that....
- Anxiety disorders are the most common mental health problem affecting young people today.
- Young people with anxiety disorders experience a great deal of distress and suffering.
- The consequences of untreated anxiety are serious and include; lower educational and vocational achievement, impaired relationships, a greater likelihood of being bullied, and a greater risk for depression, alcohol abuse, and cigarette smoking.
Become Certified in the FRIENDS Anxiety Prevention and Intervention Program
Attending this one-day training will certify you to implement FRIENDS with groups of young people in your classroom, school or community agency.
Time: 8:15 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Cost: $310 includes Manual, Activity book + HST, handouts, continental breakfast, refreshments and lunch
FRIENDS is a world-leading program proven to be effective in helping children and youth cope with feelings of fear, worry, and depression and build emotional resilience and self-esteem.
FRIENDS is being used in schools and clinics around the world and is the only program of its kind recognized by the (WHO) World Health Organization. The FRIENDS program uses a simple format to teach important cognitive, behavioural, and emotional skills, such as:
- Identifying/understanding our feelings
- Recognizing and understanding others’ feelings (empathy skills)
- Choosing and maintaining healthy relationships and friendships
- Self-regulating and self-soothing
- Learning relaxation techniques
- Changing unhelpful, negative thoughts to more helpful, positive thoughts
- Self-rewarding for partial success
- Problem solving
- Handling conflict the CALM way
- Facing feared situations gradually
- Looking for the positives in situations
FRIENDS promotes self-confidence in dealing with difficult or anxiety provoking situations and teaches essential coping skills for life.