Did you know….
- That almost 15 percent of preschoolers have atypically high levels of depression and anxiety (Côté SM, et al., Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry 2009;50 (10).
- The development of social–emotional competence is of key importance during early childhood to build a strong foundation for competence throughout life.
- A universal research trial in Australian pre-school classrooms found FUN FRIENDS was effective in decreasing young children’s anxiety and behavioural inhibition, and increasing social-emotional competence.
Become Certified in FRIENDS Anxiety Prevention and Intervention Program
Attending this one-day training will certify you to implement FRIENDS with groups of children in education, health or social service settings.
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Cost: $295.00 (includes FUN FRIENDS Facilitator Manual, FUN FRIENDS Family Guide, handouts, HST, refreshments, a continental breakfast and lunch).
FRIENDS is a world-leading program proven to be effective in helping children and youth cope with feelings of fear, worry, and depression and build emotional resilience and self-esteem.
- Recognize signs of anxiety
- Positively manage emotions
- Demonstrate empathy for others
- Use relaxation to calm down
- Use positive, helpful self-talk
- Change unhelpful to helpful thoughts
- Solve problems
- Face feared or difficult situations
- Look for the positives in situations
- Evaluate performance realistically
- Be a friend to ourselves and others
- Build our support teams
FRIENDS promotes self-confidence in dealing with difficult or anxiety provoking situations and teaches essential resiliency building coping skills.